Thanks to Hachette Book Group for donating Close Encounters of the Third-grade Kind: Thoughts on Teacherhood by Phillip Done ($22.99 value) for our Tweet For Literature Campaign.
These charming, sweet, and funny tales of Mr. Done's trials and triumphs as an award-winning schoolteacher will touch readers' hearts and remind them of the true joys of childhood. We all have that one special, favorite grade school teacher whom we fondly remember throughout our adult lives - and every teacher also has students whom they will never forget. This is the perfect book for teachers, parents, and anyone else who is looking for a lighthearted, nostalgic read.
Check out the book!
Enter to win this book as well as others in our
TWEET FOR LITERACY Giveaway prize pkg 4Our Motto: “The family that reads together has a lot of fun!” Our goal is to empower children and teens, especially girls, who are so often overlooked. We also seek to teach tolerance and self-acceptance through reading and through family interaction.
The Tweet for Literacy Giveaway is a campaign designed to raise awareness of the importance of involving the whole family in a child’s reading activities. Tweet for Literacy will be giving away literacy-related prizes every two days throughout the month of November in honor of National Family Literacy Month. Help a child to read, and let the fun begin!
How to Enter the Tweet for Literacy Giveaways
Step 1: Follow our 7 sponsors on Twitter. This step is required. We will all follow you back!
Step 2: Re-tweet (RT) any post about the giveaway. Use the hashtag #Tweet4Lit on each RT. Be sure to add the bit.ly URL link for this contest page.
Sample Entry Re-tweets (use these or use your own just make sure you include hashtag #Tweet4Lit and link to my blog http://bit.ly/tCSIM)
RT @susieqtpies Tweet for Literacy is giving away 12 prize sets and a grand prize thru Nov Enter here http://bit.ly/3LyU5v #Tweet4Lit
Step 3: That’s it! See the Official Rules below.
Prize Package Four
Winner to be chosen Saturday, November 14, 2009, at 6pm CT. Total value of Prize Package Four is $105.
This special Gift Package (items 1-4) is being donated by Sourcebooks, Inc.
1) The Tree That Time Built (book & CD, autographed), edited by the Children's Poet Laureate Mary Ann Hoberman and Linda Winston—a cultural anthropologist. This collection of poetry is made to teach kids all about the wonders of nature. There are explanations of scientific terms, as well as an accompanying CD with some of the most recognized voices in poetry. It's REALLY sweet. (Value $19.99) (For ages 9-12; great for the entire family.) Donated by Sourcebooks.
2) Horrid Henry by Francesca Simon and Tony Ross (Value $4.99). (For ages 4-8) Donated by Sourcebooks.
3) Horrid Henry’s Christmas by Francesca Simon and Tony Ross (Value $4.99). (For ages 4-8) Donated by Sourcebooks.
4) Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble and a signed poster of Dreaming Anastasia (Value $9.99). (Young Adult) Donated by Sourcebooks.
5) Aurora of the Northern Lights by Holly Hardin (autographed -- an $18.95 value), the delightful Yuletide-themed picture book by one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors. Donated by the author.
6) Close Encounters of the Third-grade Kind: Thoughts on Teacherhood by Phillip Done ($22.99 value). Donated by Hachette Book Group.
7) The Bethel Lutheran Cookbook, edited and donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor Susan Buetow. 700 family-favorite recipes! Take reading outside the box and into the kitchen! ($10 value) (For all ages!)
8) The Unexpected Gift by Michelle Bulmer Atha & Meaghan Gonzales Wagar (Value $12.95) (For Mom.) Donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor April Pohren.
Check back here daily as we will continue to update the list of prizes.
You can re-enter as many times as you like. Prizes are awarded every 2 days starting on November 8. First day to enter is November 6, 2009. Last day to enter is November 30. A prize package will be awarded on each even day of the month. Each prize package will be a set of items that are literacy related. See below for specific information on prizes.
The name of the winner will be selected at random and will be drawn at approximately 6pm CT. The winner will have 3 days to respond. If we don’t hear from the winner, we will select another winner for that prize package. We will notify our 13 winners by Direct Message (DM) on Twitter.
Whereas you can enter as often as you like, if you are not following all 7 sponsors on Twitter, which will be verified, your entries will be disqualified. All entries that comply with the above rules will be valid for each drawing, including the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will be awarded on December 1, 2009.