I'm sure I fumbled the first talk but we got through it together. I didn't have a mom to tell me these things when I was growing up. Most things I learned were in school during health videos. I still remember the boys and girls were separated and I wanted to know what the boys were being told!
I found that when it comes time to talk about your girls first period you want to share what is needed and add more as time goes on. Just when I was thinking this because I have one more to talk too I found a gem of a company on Facebook. They are The Dot Girl Products. A perfect company if you have a daughter between the ages of 8-12 years.
- Their Mission:
- Our goal at Dot Girl First Period Products is that every girl has a positive first period experience and an empowered first step to womanhood. We offer parents and daughters products that support the changes girls experience during puberty.
- I do think that this is the perfect Back To School Kit! As your young girl heads back to school she will find more girl friends who have started their period over the summer. She will be prepared with the right information and speak up to help others with the correct information. I never wanted my girls to fear what was coming. If they are informed then they can embrace what is coming and accept it. It still is something we don't just discuss at the dinner table but we are more open to ask questions and know that they will be answered.
- The Dot Girl’s First Period Guide® , a 12-page booklet with answers to common questions
- The Dot Girl’s Period Calendar®, a simple way for a girl to track her periods
- One Ultra Thin Kotex® Pad With Wings
- Two Kotex® Lightdays® Panty Liners
- Kotex® product brochure (product claims only valid within the U.S.)
- One store coupon for FREE Kotex® products -a $4.90 value (valid only within the U.S.)
- Reusable Dot Girl Warm Pad, a heating pad handy for soothing cramps
- Scensibles™ Petite Pak (3 disposal bags inside)
- Hand Wipes
TO ENTER the Giveaway (leave a separate comment per entry and include email at least one time)
1) Leave a comment on something positive you would share or you did share with a young girl. Any topic!
BONUS ENTRIES (do one, all or none- up to you!)
2) Visit The Dot Girl Products and come back here and tell me something you saw or learned (5 entry)
3) Fan Dot Girl Products on Facebook (5 entries)
4) Follow @DotGirlMoms on twitter (1 entry)
5) Follow me on twitter @susieqtpie (1 entry)
6) Buy something on their website (Facebook fans get a discount!) (10 entries)
7) Enter any giveaways on my blogs. My other blog, Scraps of Life. (5 entries per giveaway)
Winner will have 48 hrs to claim product.
It’s back-to-school time, and this year Sprite and TwitterMoms have
partnered with bloggers like me to share back-to-school tips and
tricks, advice, stories and more! http://spritebts.
channel on TwitterMoms to get helpful ideas, learn how to survive
the back to school rush, seek out advice from other TwitterMoms and
join the conversation. You can bit.ly/UW2GJ">learn more about
donating your My Coke Rewards Points to support your local school, how
to enter for a chance to win some Back to School cash, check out
recipes, or even play some fun games. Here's to a successful and
stress-free back to school season from Sprite and TwitterMoms!